5500SHAC and Homebridge issue

Discussion in 'Voice Control' started by fcmarriott, Mar 14, 2024.

1. fcmarriott

fcmarriott

We had a power outage (planned maintenance), and now my RaspPi Homebridge won't connect back to 5500SHAC. It's been working well for ~4 years. I'm consistently getting :

`cbus:client C-Gate socket error: Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:20023
    cbus:client C-Gate connection could not be opened; exiting.`

When logging back into the web interface of the 5500SHAC, I noticed the *admin* password had been reset to default. Per :
    `If you are connecting to a remote C-Gate server, you will likely need to configure C-Gate for remote connections by adding an interface entry to the file cgate/config/access.txt.' - is it possible that this file also got reverted back to default?

I cannot seem to Telnet to the Wiser, even though remote services are enabled.

Using most recent version of Homebridge Rasp Pi image (https://github.com/homebridge/homebridge-raspbian-image/wiki/Getting-Started), and the Pi is on : 192.168.0.8.

C-Gate / Wiser is on : 192.168.0.4.

Is the CBUS toolkit app the only way to update the access.txt file? I don't have Windows in my house anymore (as far as I can tell, it's Windows only app).

Config for CBUS in Homebridge :

{
    "platform": "homebridge-cbus.CBus",
    "name": "CBus",
    "client_ip_address": "127.0.0.1",
    "client_controlport": 20023,
    "client_cbusname": "xxxxxxx",
    "client_network": 254,
    "client_application": 56,
    "client_debug": true,
    "platform_export": "/home/pi/my-platform.json",
    "accessories": [

fcmarriott, Mar 14, 2024
  2. fcmarriott

fcmarriott

Well, in the end, there were two things :
    1. I thought the CBUS Toolkit should be connecting to the C-Gate - but actually you're meant to connect to the S-Gate Server, which in my case was a Raspberry Pi.
    2. I ended up just removing the Homebrige-CBUS plugin and set it all up again and seems to be working fine.

Next step will likely be to migrate to my Synology instead of Raspberry Pi, but that's a project for another day. In any event, working again.

fcmarriott, Mar 15, 2024
Ask a Question