Backup current home project?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by hungchieu, Mar 14, 2024.

1. hungchieu

hungchieu

Hi all,
    Is it possible to backup current config (project) of my CBUS and Wiser 2 system? The people who install this to the house is no longer in business and I can't get it touch at all, and there are some mistakes on the project (eg: missing sensor enable/disable, wrong labels on eDLT, etc).
    Could you please tell me what I need, which interface I should use? I'm happy to pay for those instructions and equipments if needed.
    I'm located in Melbourne, the west side near highpoint shopping center.
    Thank you.

hungchieu, Mar 14, 2024
  2. hungchieu

oracle

Download the toolkit software and the piced software.
    Use toolkit to connect to network via wiser ip.
    Use piced to download the wiser files

Last edited: Mar 28, 2024
    oracle, Mar 28, 2024
  3. hungchieu

Colin Moderator

Just be aware that Toolkit and PICED have been updated a lot lately and Wiser 2 has received some significant security updates.

Using the latest Toolkit, 1.17.4
    https://www.se.com/au/en/download/document/C-Bus-Toolkit_V1.17.4/
    Install this First on windows PC.

Install PICED V4.15.2
    https://download.schneider-electric.com/files?p_Doc_Ref=PICED-V4.15.2

With your PC connected to same Network as Wiser 2 (at home)
    Launch PICED Software

Choose new Project, and on the next dialog select Transfer from Unit

upload_2024-4-10_16-42-9.png

Select Wiser 2 from the device list
    upload_2024-4-10_16-42-45.png
    Hit next

This will launch the transfer utility, and usually just auto search will find your wiser.

upload_2024-4-10_16-43-56.png

If your wiser 2 shows up in the list, Select it and transfer project to pc, when unpacking the project be sure to make sure you restore your Toolkit Project File (it should not be called languages.xml) watch out for that one.

you Project for Wiser 2 should be transferred to PICED and Saved under the folder you chose to save when transferring back.

your C-Bus Project (Toolkit Project) should be restored and converted to new format at the same time.

Please note that if your Wiser 2 has not been updated recently, you can not transfer the project back to Wiser 2 without forcing the firmware to update. This update will include fixes for Vulnerabilities in Wiser 2, but it will also impact on password etc, requiring new passwords if your current password are not strong enough.

If you want to avoid this step, then you need to do the same task with Toolkit 1.16.4 and PICED 4.14.x versions. Assuming your wiser has not been updated already .

Colin, Apr 10, 2024
Ask a Question