Clipsal Light Sensor 5750WPL Not On Network

Discussion in 'C-Bus Automation Controllers' started by shovetts, Apr 19, 2024.

1. shovetts

shovetts

Hello,

Our C-BUS system has an error on one unit. Its a Clipsal motion sensor 5750WPL 36v.

When I open the network and run a scan it shows 20 units, but the database has 21 units. The Clipsal sensor shows as a red NO for existing on the network in the database part and never appears in the units on the network. It was working well until a couple of days ago.

Are there any trouble shooting things I can do to try and get this unit back on the network? Is it dead?

Thanks for reading any any help would be great.

shovetts, Apr 19, 2024
  2. shovetts

Conformist

In my experience, water ingress to the connections causing corrosion are the most common causes. You could check the physical connection in the base of the unit. This is safe ELV. If the terminations look OK, the unit may have failed.

Conformist, Apr 19, 2024
  3. shovetts

shovetts

thank you for the quick reply. Are connectors in the back of the unit? The wire disappears into my garage wall.

Thanks again

shovetts, Apr 19, 2024
  4. shovetts

Conformist

The connection should be in the base of the unit. The cable typically fits through a gland and is terminated within this base. The cable (normally pink cat5e) would be coming through the wall into this base where the termination occurs.

upload_2024-4-20_18-16-4.png

Conformist, Apr 20, 2024
Ask a Question