system turns itself off then back on

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ian rockett, Mar 27, 2024.

1. ian rockett

ian rockett

my system is shutting down and turning all lights off. visually all the switches are turning back to factory set. I had a computer logged on and it showed nothing according to the log the system is operating ok. all output unit have the green lights flashing alternately. after 5 minutes the system comes back on. sometimes the lights flash on and off first. i have disconnected the touch screen and the wiser 2 and it still happens????

ian rockett, Mar 27, 2024
  2. ian rockett

interautom8

sounds like you may have an output unit that is causing grief on your network or possibly a power supply on the blink. Can you start to pull out your pink pig tails one by one and you will work out which unit is causing the issue.

Question? when you say that you have green lights flashing alternatively, is this the unit or cbus power lights >?

interautom8, Mar 27, 2024
  3. ian rockett

ian rockett

strange how there is no power loss but that is my next port of call. it is the unit and cbus lights that flash alternatively. the dlt looks like its just been turned on then comes back to life. my saturns are programmed with blue led indicators and they revert back to orange

ian rockett, Mar 28, 2024
  4. ian rockett

Ashley

This could be a cable fault. If ALL lights are going off at once something could be triggering the Remote Off pair on the cbus cable. Water or dirt ingress can easily do this. That can also load down the main cbus pairs and give you low voltage warning like the alternate flashing lights on switches. That fact that it comes back on after 5 minutes is also consistant with this possibility.

Ashley, Mar 28, 2024
  5. ian rockett

ian rockett

l may have found it. there was a loose feed on one of the relays although i did not have any of the circuits flickering i'm wondering if this caused interference via this unit. and into the cbus side. Time will tell

ian rockett, Apr 1, 2024
Ask a Question