Upload CBus and make changes

Discussion in 'C-Bus Serial Protocols' started by Paul Brackstone, Mar 30, 2024.

1. Paul Brackstone

Paul Brackstone

Hi all. I have a CBus system installed in my home and would like to make changes to it. Basically I home built my house 18 years ago and had an electrician install all of the equipment. I attended a CBus course because I could not find anyone to program it. I programmed it myself and understood enough to make it a good reliable system. Fast forward 18 years and I now have LED lights in the house. I was advised to set the max lighting level to 90% to save the halogen lights lifespan. This did a good job but now I have LED, I want to put them back to 100%, and make a few other changes. Basically my problem is that I no longer have the computer or a copy of the original file. I want to be able to upload the system on to a pc and make these changes. Previously I communicated with the system via a 9 pin serial port, connected to a USB - serial adaptor cable. As it was 18 years ago I will be starting from scratch and guess it will all come back to me once I start using it again. I still have the serial - USB lead. I also need to know what software I should install. Please help me start off on the right foot.

Paul Brackstone, Mar 30, 2024
  2. Paul Brackstone

Wonkey

The software is called C-Bus Toolkit.
    See in the forum a section for it.
    If you have your original training material most of of is still relevant.
    As you have no Database when you scan the network you will only get Group Address numbers which you can edit to real names (Tag)
    To edit the Tags start with the output units turn on the channel, then edit the name..
    Your usb serial converter should be OK

Wonkey, Mar 30, 2024
  3. Paul Brackstone

Trevor

What sort of control interface do you have...
    B/W or color touch screen, Wiser...
    Give model numbers for clarity please.
    If any of the above you will need PICED to do the programming and maybe Toolkit as well.

Trevor, Apr 1, 2024
  4. Paul Brackstone

Paul Brackstone

Thanks mate. I appreciate your help. When I get a spare day I'll give it a go. You may be hearing back from me. :)

Paul Brackstone, Apr 4, 2024
  5. Paul Brackstone

Paul Brackstone

Hi. Thanks for your reply. It is a monochrome touch panel. i am unsure of the model# but here is a picture along with the PC interface

Attached Files:

Paul Brackstone, Apr 4, 2024
  6. Paul Brackstone

Trevor

Great, looks like you have a CTL2 B/W with logic based on the GUI PICED software, this is what you need to do the programming in. It allows very complex logic code or basic switch functions, Toolkit can also do this at a device level.

Trevor, Apr 4, 2024
Ask a Question