Wiser2 Connection Issues

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 2 Controller' started by PhilM, Jan 24, 2024.

1. PhilM

PhilM

I have just replaced my Wiser2 with a brand-new replacement (N5200WHC2). The previous unit failed (the third unit to fail in 15 years). The original programme was uploaded without issues. I can connect with the Wiser2 iPhone App via the LAN, but I cannot connect externally using the ddns address that I used previously. I've been advised that the firmware provided with the N5200WHC2 does not permit port forwarding. Is this true? The main reason I have the Wiser2 is so I have control when I am not at home!
    Can anyone enlighten me on how I can connect to the Wiser2 using my ddns address? I have previously had my router set to port forward to Port 80. Is this correct? Do I need a different configuration? Is there a Wiser2 Firmware issue?
    Any help and advice would be welcome. My technical knowledge in this area is limited.

PhilM, Jan 24, 2024
  2. PhilM

Graham Lamb

Hi
    I am not sure but I don't think port 80 is supported now. Also check your wan ip address has not changed. I don't run ddns just log in directly via wan ip address (fixed address) on port 2525.
    All works ok but when i log in externaly it takes about 30 seconds to update status.

Graham Lamb, Jan 25, 2024
  3. PhilM

Mmm

I had some similar issues, as best i understand the latest firmware no longer supports HTTP ports only HTTPS like port 443

Mmm, Mar 2, 2024
Ask a Question