2010 Whole house system Help in USA

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wiggles9r, Dec 5, 2023.

1. wiggles9r

wiggles9r

Hello all,

I have a rather large Clipsal System installed in our home.
    I have 22 modules.
    Most are 4 and 8 channel dimmers, with the rest being 120v power relays.

This system was installed in 2010.

I had to take the install class with the electricians. They had no clue how to install let alone program the system back then.

There are no contractors around that I know of that know this system. (thanks for leaving the US market Schneider)

I have one touch screen in the house. THIS IS THE ONLY PROGRAMMING INTERFACE I EVER USED.

All lights are controlled by wall switches, some with with screens most without.

I have no wireless control on the system.

I have a new, uninstalled Wiser 0560 attached to a WHC-5912 via a WHC-5917 module. This thing is from 2010.

I programmed the network 13 years ago.

I have not updated it since.

I would like to re-learn the programming software.

I need to reprogram many channels, as they have never been right. (motion sensors, switch function, timers, ect...)

I would like to add remote control through an android app.

I would really like to be able to connect to the system via my main PC, instead of having to plug into the touch screen via my laptop.

Question: Other than the router/WHC unit I have, is there a better option I can procur to add Smart Phone control?

Question: Will my system have a meltdown, if I plug in after all this time and change things?

Question: Does anyone know a US based guru for Clipsal that advises or travels to fix systems?

I know just enough to be able to really muck things up.

Note- I have cat 5 Home runs to all switches and motion sensors. I also have cat 5 home runs for Internet to all rooms.

I would really like to be able to connect to the system via my main PC, instead of having to plug into the touch screen via my laptop.

Any help or ideas are appreciated.

I will continue to search threads here to bring my knowledge base back up.

wiggles9r, Dec 5, 2023
  2. wiggles9r

Conformist

Hi

Please PM me and I'll see what I can do to assist. I'm still in contact with a former SE employee who lived in the US and supported the system at the time. Agree, SE had a very short-sighted approach to leaving the US market. I can help you with most of your requirements but some of the tricky parts, I might need to call on support from him. Might also be able to find out if there are any others who might still be around. My company remotes into all of our systems so even if you struggle to get the programming right yourself, I should be able to help (mentor if you like) remotely.

I look forward to hearing from you

Cheers, Chris

Conformist, Dec 6, 2023
    KCW likes this.
  3. wiggles9r

wiggles9r

Thank you Chris.

wiggles9r, Dec 7, 2023
Ask a Question