5070THPR 4 Zone Thermostat

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by harro, Apr 24, 2007.

1. harro

harro

I cannot find any info on this product other than a short brief on P23 of the Overview Catalogue. Does anyone know where I can find more details.....

Thanks

harro, Apr 24, 2007
  2. harro

2SC

I think you should wait along with us to be released first...

2SC, Apr 24, 2007
  3. harro

Msrk

C-Bus 4 zone thermostat

Does anyone know when this is due to be released and approximate price (in Asutralia).

Alternatively, can anyone point me in the direction of an alternative way to install c-bus enabled heating / cooling in a house - preferably with 3 zones.

Thanks

Msrk, May 7, 2007
  4. harro

znelbok

The new catalog has them listed, so a price should be there. I will check tonight for you.

As for release - well its in the catalog, so sometime this financial year I expect - i know that does not help:)

Mick

znelbok, May 8, 2007
  5. harro

ashleigh Moderator

Here's a bit more info:

Thermostats will come in two models, each with two variants (so four catalogue numbers in all).

The models are a single zone basic, and a four zone advanced / programmable.

The variants are that they are both available with and without on-board relays. There are 5 relays in the version with them, these are 24 V ac relays for use in 24 V ac HVAC control circuits, the wiring arrangement is typically known as "RWG". These relays ARE NOT MAINS RATED, don't try to use them as standard cbus relays!

The advanced / programmable thermostat has a 7-day scheduler built in, the basic thermostat does not.

The thermostats can operate in master / slave mode (so you can have one wired up to the HVAC plant, and the other one operating like a mimic, allowing display and control).

You can have many thermostats on a single cbus cable all controlling the same zones (ie master / slave), but you can also have many thermostats controlling different zones ON THE SAME CABLE, and they then won't interfere with each other.

Thermostats can control at least the following plant types (and some combos that are possible are not shown here):

Heating:
    - Furnace (Gas, Oil, etc);
    - Electric;
    - Heat pump - heating only;
    - Hydronic

Cooling:
    - Evaporative;
    - Heat pump - cooling only;
    - Fan coil (chilled water / hydronic)

Heat / Cool combinations:
    - Heat pump - reverse cycle;
    - Gas /Furnace Heating + Evap Cooling;

Multiple heating and cooling stages are supported.

The 4 zone thermostat is capable of sensing the temperature in each of the 4 zones and controlling the zones either by an averaging arrangement or by damper modulation - if your dampers allow.

Both models support a remote cbus temperature sensor WHICH WONT BE AVAILABLE ON FIRST PRODUCT RELEASE because its still coming. The existing cbus temperature sensor CANNOT be used for this purpose, so don't ask for it.

Both models support Setback - an option to save energy by relaxing the regulated temperature band (its normally trying to hold the temperature to within about 1/2 degree of the set point). Activating setback relaxes this to some installer set value, maybe +/- 2 to 5 degrees depending on what your installer wants to set it to.

There are also a few other features but this should do as a teaser.

To reiterate - the thermostats will operate with 24V ac controlled equipment using the "RWG" wiring arrangement, which is fairly common in the industry. If your equipment uses some other strange method of control - for example, proprietary buses, then these thermostats almost certainly won't be suitable. (Lesson: You need to know the method used for attaching a thermostat to your equipment.)

Hope that helps.

ashleigh, May 8, 2007
  6. harro

emillika

Any pics? :)

emillika, May 8, 2007
  7. harro

znelbok

page 287 of the new catalog
    As a guide these are the listed retail prices

Single zone thermo - $343
    4 zone thermo programmable - $412

As for a picture have a looking the C-Bus Product Overview Catalogue 2006 - 11494

Mick

znelbok, May 9, 2007
  8. harro

emillika

I am in the US and the catalog's seem to be in short supply still. Can someone point me to a PDF version?

Thanks.

emillika, May 9, 2007
  9. harro

emillika

My local rep stopped by last week with a couple demo units... they are pretty sharp looking!

emillika, May 14, 2007
  10. harro

nickrusanov

any advice of climate tech, using "24 V ac HVAC control circuits"?

brands/models?

nickrusanov, May 24, 2007
Ask a Question