5400 Homesafe alarm dialing kiss off

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by impact, Oct 24, 2010.

1. impact

impact

My 5400 is installed in the renovaed house, seems to work fine...

However if an alarm is triggered, it rings my mobile - I know its the alarm, as the caller id on my mobile recognises the number - and its the only time that number calls me (vacant renovation).

The problem is, if an alarm goes off, it rings my mobile (if I answer it or not - the same condition occurs). I get notified. I visit the house, enter my code to disarm the panel - and everything is fine.

Except the telephone line which is wired up in mode 3 for the alarm panel - has not released the telphone line - no other telephone can use it - and if someone tries calling the number it is engaged. The alarm panel has not released the mode3 telephone after it has completed the call (successful or not).

It gets released only if I go into installation mode and its annoying to remember to do this after each alarm...

Any hints on which programming option might affect these conditions - Ive looked through the manual but nothing has jumped out at me...

Thanks

impact, Oct 24, 2010
  2. impact

NickD Moderator

Sounds like a question for Tech Support.

Nick

NickD, Oct 25, 2010
  3. impact

Leigh

I have experienced a similar problem. I contacted Tech Support and they talked me through a whole range of settings but in the end they ran out of ideas and the problem still exists.

I am surprised (disappointed) that Clipsal did not appear to take up the problem with NESS, who make the panel.

Leigh, Oct 26, 2010
  4. impact

Nik

When the alarm calls you are you 'kissing it off' by pressing the '3' or '#' button 3+ times once it gives you the alarm speech?

Sometimes i have found that unless the call is kissed off correctly from the phone it calls then some strange things happen..

If this still does not work, perhaps it might be a faulty panel as it seems like very strange behaviour..

Cheers,
    Nik

Nik, Oct 27, 2010
  5. impact

joshl

try factory defaulting and reprogramming it.

joshl, Oct 28, 2010
Ask a Question