5500AC2 loses internal time on reset

Discussion in 'C-Bus Automation Controllers' started by Technified, Oct 20, 2023.

1. Technified

Technified

Wondering if anyone has seen this issue before.

I've recently installed a 5500AC2 onsite, running FW V1.13.0 however on start-up or reset an error messages is shown on sign in that local time is lost and needs to be synced with PC.

I'm thinking it may be a failed internal battery that holds the time, similar to a cmos battery. Any ideas?

Technified, Oct 20, 2023
  2. Technified

ssaunders

I've been noticing an increase in the number of annoying dialogues relating to time setting on the recent firmware releases. 1.13.0 & 1.14.0.

My NAC is set to use NTP, yet quite often will pop up a box saying the clock needs to be set. Why??? It should be getting it from NTP, which it does, and the time is always good, but still up pops a box saying something like "looks like the time is not set"... I've just got good at ignoring it now with an "Ughhh...", click, move on.

ssaunders, Oct 23, 2023
Ask a Question