8 Ch Dimmer Problem

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Adyinoz, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Adyinoz

Adyinoz

Hi All

Newbie here so please be gentle!

Have a problem with an 8 ch dimmer. I have a total of 4 units which have been working perfectly. The system itself is working well and I am delighted with it. However, when the renos were done, there were a number of spare channels for future expansion. I now wish to use one of the spares however, it seems to have defaulted to high and now matter what I do the until won't switch the channel off. (number 3) I have tested the second spare (channel 6) and I have the same problem but all others work well. I have re-set the unit, tried toggling, checked all parameters I could think of on the Toolkit all without sucess. The only strange thing is that the power light on the unit is flashing.

So basically, HELP!!!!!

Thanks for any assistance.

Cheers

Adrian

Adyinoz, Oct 14, 2012
  2. Adyinoz

Conformist

Hi Adrian

How are you testing the channel? If you are using a digital multi-meter, you are probably seeing the leakage through the channel (normal behavior) which is giving you a false impression. Given you are seeing the same problem on two different units, I'm guessing this is the case.

Please confirm your test method.

Conformist, Oct 14, 2012
  3. Adyinoz

Adyinoz

8Ch Dimmer Problem

Hi there

That is exactly what I am doing. I am usinga standard fluke digital multimeter and measuring from the terminal on the dimmer to both the neutral on the unit and to the neutral bus-bar dedicated for this circuit.

A

Adyinoz, Oct 14, 2012
  4. Adyinoz

Conformist

OK... You are seeing the output through the channel in the 'off' state. Whilst the voltage seems high, it will collapse to virtually nothing if you have a load connected.

Your channels (and unit) are behaving correctly. You don't have a fault on the channel(s).

Cheers

Conformist, Oct 15, 2012
  5. Adyinoz

Adyinoz

Thanks

I am most grateful!

Cheers

Adrian

Adyinoz, Oct 15, 2012
Ask a Question