Adding wireless units to Toolkit

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by kibbitzer, Apr 13, 2007.

1. kibbitzer

kibbitzer

G'day all and sundry...
    I have four 5812D3L1AA Plug Adapter Dimmer units that I wish to add to a wireless network connected to my main (wired) network. I've successfully added the wireless bridge and added one adapter :rolleyes: , configured it to the gateway :rolleyes: , configured the associated remote :rolleyes: and it works. :D

When I add another unit to the wireless network and configure it with the gateway it appears in the scan...:D but the first unit configured disappears! :eek:

Question: how does one add a number of wireless units to the same network?

Thanks,
    Peter

kibbitzer, Apr 13, 2007
  2. kibbitzer

Duncan

Hi Peter..

Can you detail the process you're using?

I'm wondering if you're putting a new house-code into the gateway when you add the second plug adaptor?

Duncan, Apr 13, 2007
  3. kibbitzer

ashleigh Moderator

Hi - its possible (likely, even) that your units are both sitting at unit address 255.

In Toolkit these should automatically be separated (using the unravel), but this did not always work reliably in earlier versions of toolkit. Version 1.6.1 is the latest, and last I know if works ok in that.

BUT IF IT STILL WON'T RESOLVE THIS AUTOMATICALLY, then just re-address the unit at address 255 (or wherever the single unit is that you can see).

Move it to any other address (say 1, for example). Then re-scan your wireless network. You may need to use the option to reset / rebuild the wireless gateway cache beforehand.

You should then see the unit you moved at its new address, and another unit at the address you originally had. Move that one as well - perhaps to address 2.

Then add the units one at a time, moving each of them, one at a time.

It's tedious, that's why Toolkit is meant to do all this for you automatically.

Try it, see how you go.

ashleigh, Apr 14, 2007
  4. kibbitzer

kibbitzer

OK... Got it now: House Codes !

Folks,

I found the solution by way of a phone call to the very knowledgeable teks at CIS Adelaide.

I had neglected to issue a common house code to all my wireless devices before adding them to the wireless side of the gateway.

Done.

Fixed.

Thanks kindly to you all.

Peter.

kibbitzer, Apr 19, 2007
Ask a Question