Adding Wiser 2 to Existing Cbus Home

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 2 Controller' started by Karl, Jul 12, 2024.

1. Karl

Karl

Hi guys,

Please tell me if I’m in way over my head here.
    I’m a contractor who worked on and programmed a few c bus new build homes about 15 years ago, at the time I completed the cbus basic programming course and black and white touchscreens course. Since then I’ve done very little cbus. Doing some work for a new client recently, they asked if there was a way they could control their cbus from their phones etc.
    Stupidly, I told them we could install a Wiser and it should be pretty straightforward. Two days down the drain later, I seem to be a long way off getting it to work. I thought it would be as simple as connecting it to the home network and to the cbus, transferring the file from the existing B & W touchscreen to Piced, adding some buttons etc. then transfer to new Wiser and access via the app. I don’t seem to be able to extract the whole project from the touchscreen which is my first problem, the touchscreen only controls some exterior and pool groups oddly.
    Put myself in it big time, client unimpressed and I’m out a Wiser and two days labour, so far.
    Does this sound at all achievable with my background or am I just waiting my time.
    I appreciate any help.
    Thanks

Karl, Jul 12, 2024
  2. Karl

Karl

Never mind, all sorted. Sorry guys

Karl, Jul 12, 2024
  3. Karl

IA_Jim

Hi @Karl,
    I wish I saw this sooner, I've done a few wisers in the past and know the process pretty well.
    I guess you found the widget section and managed to add your lights in to each locations?
    Cheers,
    Jim

IA_Jim, Jul 13, 2024
Ask a Question