Any experience with Tachikawa curtain motors

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by pbelectrical, Aug 27, 2015.

1. pbelectrical

pbelectrical

Hi all, has anybody had any experience with Tachkawa curtain motors. A house that I am working on at the moment was originally specced for somfy blind motors to be controlled by shutter relays, so we wired 2 x active, neutral and earth to each motor position from the c-bus distribution board.

I have been told that now some of the blinds are being replaced by motorised curtain tracks utilising Tachikawa motors. The supplier has sent me a wiring diagram that calls for a permanent 240 volt supply to the motor controller and then a 6 core cable to a 3 button switch for UP,STOP,DOWN control. The house is multi story and plastering and painting is already completed, getting a 6 core control cable from the blind position to the c-bus enclosures is not going to be either easy or cheap.

The supplier is not being very forthcoming with any technical info, and is basically saying, this is how they come, wire it this way.

What I'm asking is if any one has had any experience with these motors and if it is possible to remove the supplied control box and connect directly to the motors themselves.

Thanks.

pbelectrical, Aug 27, 2015
Ask a Question