Application 205

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by nigeltodd, Jul 14, 2009.

1. nigeltodd

nigeltodd

On a project I have developed, I randomly get a critical error re an illegal application(#205).
    Look at Toolkii t- sure enough, it's there - delete, reopen Piced project and all is well.

I have checked all code/groups/applications and can find no mention of this application anywhere!!

Any thought as to where it is coming from??

Nigel Todd

nigeltodd, Jul 14, 2009
  2. nigeltodd

daniel C-Busser Moderator

Hi Nigel,

Application 205, or $CD, is the "Multi Room Audio Application". It's used by the MRA product range.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2009
    daniel, Jul 14, 2009
  3. nigeltodd

NickD Moderator

C-Gate creates this application in your project if it sees a message on this application.

This application is reserved for/used by the MRA gear...it is used to communicate between the Matrix Switcher and the Amplifier(s), so if you have any of these active on your network, this application will get created in your project.

What version of PICED are you using?

Nick

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2009
    NickD, Jul 14, 2009
  4. nigeltodd

nigeltodd

Using Piced 4.4.1 I thinnk it is. Project DOES use MRA, but I have created a new application called Audio to cover the MRA stuff.

When I delete the application via Toolkit, all is fine. I can then add, compile & transfer to the touchscreen with out any problem, until PICED mysteriously and randomly creates that Application 205.

Is there any way to safely create that Application 205 in PICED so that it will STop crashing?

Thanks

Nigel

nigeltodd, Jul 16, 2009
  5. nigeltodd

Darren Senior Member

This problem was fixed in PICED V4.5

If you update to the latest PICED, you should not get this problem any more.

Darren, Jul 17, 2009
  6. nigeltodd

NickD Moderator

As darren says, this problem has since been fixed in PICED, however to answer your other question...

It light seem random but it's not.. the reason this application is reserved is that MRA uses it.. it's different to the application you have created and assigned to control volume, source etc.. the MRA gear uses Application 205 (205 == CD in hex - get it? :) each time you turn a zone on or change a source, to communicate between the matrix switcher and the amp (there's a lot going on under the hood of MRA!).

Each time you do anything like this on MRA, messages go out, and if C-Gate happens to be connected, it will recreate the application in the project.

The problem you experienced was just PICED being a little over-sensitive in its checking of what applications you are using.

Nick

NickD, Jul 17, 2009
Ask a Question