C-Bus and Square D Powerlink

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by dodge1, Oct 6, 2010.

1. dodge1

dodge1

I have an installation I have been comissioning and am trying to get the LED indicators in synchrozation with the the Powerlink link load. The schedule turns a Powerlink zone on and Last Event logic allows the Clipsal keypad to override the zone on or off whether schedule is on or off, but the LED indicators are not in sync with the load you have to cycle key once depending what the last state it was left in. There is no PAC on the job so we don't have any logic available. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Dodge 1

dodge1, Oct 6, 2010
  2. dodge1

Newman

I take it that the schedule for turning on/off the PowerLink zones and the Last Event logic all resides in the PowerLink system, not the C-Bus system?

I'm not familiar with the PowerLink system but is it possible for the schedule to send a command to the C-Bus network so that the zone and the C-Bus Group Address remain in sync?

Newman, Oct 6, 2010
  3. dodge1

dodge1

Yes that is correct. I agree that C-Bus needs to see a Tx from Powerlink that that a group address is either on or off. Powerlink does not have the options that C-Bus does, but there may be a way with the logic gates in Powerlink and adding some phantom/virtual schedules.

dodge1, Oct 6, 2010
  4. dodge1

Newman

If you don't have a PAC do you have a Touchscreen installed? You could run the schedules from a touchscreen instead of the PowerLink system.

Newman, Oct 6, 2010
  5. dodge1

dodge1

No touch screen either. Just PCI, power supply, and keypads.

Dodge1

dodge1, Oct 6, 2010
Ask a Question