C Bus Install

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Steve The Pom, Aug 3, 2004.

1. Steve The Pom

Steve The Pom

Hi to All,

This is a most welcome Forum to be introduced to.
    I have a Minder & C-Bus install at home, Installed early 2000. The hardware, (Relays, Dimmers, etc) are from previous generation. Lets say they are big boxes with black lids. I am running Minder ver 3.0.2 and C-Bus 2.1.3.

A little bit of history. The actual install was never finished. The Electrician went out of business and basically left me with it. Thankfully I have a little bit of background knowledge in this area, understand in principal how it works but there are little things that need clarification, plus some actual install work to be completed. Is there a good sparkie in the Bacchus Marsh area who is willing to come and have a look, with view to clean up and make good the install?

Also is there a later version of software I should be running on either application?

What is the default Password for the Minder keypad?

The system is working and I am able to interface no problems, but I do not think I am realising the full potential, etc.

Thank you in advance and regards

Steve The Pom, Aug 3, 2004
  2. Steve The Pom

Newman

G'Day Steve

The current version of C-Bus Installation Software is 2.7.7 and is available for download from the CIS website.

http://www.clipsal.com/cis/downloads.php3

All the best with the installation!

Newman, Aug 4, 2004
  3. Steve The Pom

[IL]NewGen

the H-Minder default password is usually set (to your preference) in the installation of the Programming software.

How ever you can reset the password by un-installing and reinstalling the Software, it will then ask the installer to enter default password then and also you can physically reset the Minder (however wiping out the entire Minder) by pulling out the CMOS battery from the actual Minder Unit. :eek:

[IL]NewGen, Aug 4, 2004
  4. Steve The Pom

Steve The Pom

Gee,

prompt replies and thank you all. OK the config password that I set in Minder software at install on computer, I use this ame one for the Minder keypad i have at front door?

thanx

Steve The Pom, Aug 4, 2004
  5. Steve The Pom

[IL]NewGen

no, that dosen't take care of the H-Minder Keypad, just the programming config :eek:

[IL]NewGen, Aug 4, 2004
Ask a Question