C-Touch not responding to touch input

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by TrickyTrev, Dec 28, 2005.

1. TrickyTrev

TrickyTrev

Installed my first C-Touch unit with much excitement and anticipation. Excitement turned to dismay when the "touch screen" failed to respond to "touch" input. My conclusion is that I either have a faulty unit or there is a trap for new players. The process I followed is:

1. Installed unit. Connections are power supply, C-Bus and Cat-5 Network.
    2. Unit powered up OK with "Welcome - this unit has not been configured..."
    3. IP address 192.168.1.11 was automatically assigned via DHCP. C-Touch unit asked for network configuration confirmation but did not respond to touch input.
    4. Used C-Buss Toolkit to reassign C-Bus address from 255 to 002 and add unit to database.
    5. Direct connected PC with red x-over cable and C-Touch Colour Transfer Utility SW. C-Touch Colour Wizard suggested a new IP address but unit did not respond to touch input.
    6. Updated to CTouch_Colour_3_3 firmware using C-Touch Colour Transfer Utility SW. C-Touch panel rebooted and HomeGate 3.3 started.
    7. Loaded my customised project using C-Touch Colour Transfer Utility SW.
    8. C-Touch screen gives a warning message "missing BMP" (my project has a known error - missing a bmp image) but I am unable to acknowledge because the screen fails to respond to touch input.

Server: 1.5.0.46
    HomeGate: 3.3.0.0
    Operating System: 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1

Can anyone help me with why the unit will not respon to touch? BTW, yes I have removed the plastic protective sheet from the glass face.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2005
    TrickyTrev, Dec 28, 2005
  2. TrickyTrev

Wilko

It's probably a calibration issue. Here's the solution:

- Create a new project called Calibration (or something like that).
    - On the first page, create a button the entire size of the screen.
    - Link this button to the C-Touch's calibration page.
    - Save & transfer the project.

Now when it is loaded, you should be able to touch the screen anywhere and then calibrate it.

Hope that works!

Wilko, Dec 28, 2005
  3. TrickyTrev

TrickyTrev

Thanks Wilco, excellent suggestion. Created new project with one button entire screen size linked to calibration (default page) and attempted download to unit. Critical errors - needed a reboot schedule, network settings and date/time function. Updated project with needed functions on second page. Long story short the problem still persists.

I ordered the c-touch unit well before they were publically available, thus I have an early ship unit. (The renovation project took longer than expected so the c-touch was boxed up until now). Because it is an early ship unit maybe the underlying XP firmware drivers for the touch screen are old or not configured properly. Either that or the unit is genuinely faulty from the box.

Any other suggestions before I return it to Clipsal are greatly appreciated.

TrickyTrev, Dec 29, 2005
  4. TrickyTrev

Darren Senior Member

It sounds to me like your unit probably has a hardware fault. It will need to be swapped over.

Darren, Jan 1, 2006
Ask a Question