camera does not work well on the iphone/ipad

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by rlim, May 21, 2014.

1. rlim

rlim

hi there,
    I'm currently adding ip camera in wiser, ip camera goes well in wiser,
    ip camera http://192.168.1.10/cgi-bin/guest/Video.cgi (snapshot)
    but when i open in ipad / iphone does not go well ... I need help for ip camera runs fine on ipad / iphone, can anybody help me
    Thanks

rlim, May 21, 2014
  2. rlim

chromus

Most IPcams have different profiles when you log into them.

Grab the URL that is for Mozilla/Chrome/Safari

My url is something like this: http://192.168.1.10:81/videostream.cgi?user=admin&pwd=password (changed to protect me system)

:81 is the port number the camera is on (its bad practice to use 80 for network security)

Make sure you change "admin" to be whatever the username is for your cam

Make sure you change "password" to whatever the password is for your cam

you can have user=&pwd= if you have no user/pwd but again this is very bad practice security wise.

chromus, May 23, 2014
  3. rlim

Thomas

Similar Issue

Hi,

I have decided to jump into this one as well, hoping to find a camera which I can use along with Wiser.
    If I read the posts above correctly, I seem to have a similar issue.
    I have a Hikvision CC419 IP cam. Those cameras come with very little info, however, after many hours of digging around I got it to ALMOST work.:p

That means I can call a single image from within Chrome, and that without any plug-in, which would otherwise be needed when I want to view the normal video stream.
    It even works without the authentication window popping up.
    Internet Explorer (Version 11) is another matter, in that it does not work without separate authentication via the pop up.

When I try and get things going in Piced or Wiser I find a similar behavior as in IE.
    In Piced, when the Widget Manager opens up, the authentication window pops up, and unless the authentication data are entered, nothing will display.
    Likewise in Wiser, I get an error, ending in "....... picture not available"

So, I am hoping that one of you could pick out an error in what I am doing, and/ or in the code I am using.

The line I use is:
    http://IP/Streaming/channels/1/picture?user=xyz&pwd=1234

I have tried a great many different codes after searching this forum and the internet CCTV forums, but it seems that this is the only one that gives results with that camera.

Based on the above, is there anyone who could point me towards getting this to work in Wiser?

Thomas, Jun 24, 2014
  4. rlim

poldim

Any simple IP camera *should* work. I used a cheap FOSCAM pan/tilt, currently on ebay for 79 bucks, http://slickdeals.net/f/7245430-fos...-wireless-b-g-n-ip-camera-78-99-free-shipping

I wanted to be able to see if my garage was open while on WAN. So here's what I did:
    1. I used DDNS on the router to keep track of its (albeit rarely) dynamic IP.
    2. Port forward both the wiser ports and webcam ports to the appropriate locations.
    3. Use the URL that chromus described above, just change the LAN IP to your DDNS name. Make sure your external port for your webcam can be seen from the WAN by trying it from your cell with wifi turned off.
    4. In the PICED surveillance widget, enter the WAN URL from above step.
    5. Fill in the Forwarded Port with the WAN port for your webcam stream from above.

Upload and enjoy.

I also have wiser connected to my garage and front doors to allow opening them. This has come in very handy when I need to let someone in and I'm not home. I wish Wiser supported text message because currently I have to rely on the webcams with reed switches as alarms for door opening notifications and I'd like to be a bit more robust.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2014
    poldim, Oct 7, 2014
Ask a Question