Can't transfer project to C-Touch remotely

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by UK Household Automation, Aug 25, 2017.

1. UK Household Automation

UK Household Automation

I have a site with a Colour Touch screen.
    I think I can connect to it remotely but I'm not able to transfer any changes to it.

If I select 'Connect to unit', the Transfer Utility opens, as does the Connection Wizard.
    The Connection Wizard shows the correct IP address for the property, Port 8336, and a row of asterisks in the 'password' window (I'm sure I'm using the correct password).

We have asked the folks that look after the network to forward port 8336 to the Touch screen and they say that thet have done this.

When I select OK on the Connection Wizard the little Red dot on the representation of the unit in the left hand pane of the Transfer Utility changes to Green (after a few seconds)

If I then 'Connect to C-Bus' in PICED I can see (eventually) that there are lights on, etc.

HOWEVER...
    When I want to transfer any project alterations to the unit I get as far as seeing the little Red dot change to green, then I select 'Start' and get to watch the 'pages-fluttering-across-my-screen' animation that represent 'Transfer in progress' for about 30 or 40 seconds, and then I'm presented with the message
    "Tranfer failed
    Please check the connection and try again"

What am I missing here?

UK Household Automation, Aug 25, 2017
  2. UK Household Automation

jboer

Hey,

This might sound a little 'turn it off and turn it back on again' but have you confirmed that it actually hasn't uploaded? We have that on a site that is a very large site with about 20 touchscreens, because it is a corporate network with a bunch of routing we get the exact same error message as you do, however it does work and actually copies the project into the screen OK.

J

jboer, Aug 26, 2017
  3. UK Household Automation

ChrisJC

CTC3 Transfer Failed Message

When selecting the options I have found that if you tick the "synchronise time to the computer" you will get this message. This is an "undocumented feature" of the later PICED programs and CTC3 touch screens. If you don't synchronise the time you should not get this message. I always make sure that "Logs" are enabled so that I can look at them remotely.
    Cheers.

ChrisJC, Sep 9, 2017
  4. UK Household Automation

UK Household Automation

Right.....

Thanks for your suggestions chaps.

I have just returned from holiday and tried un-checking the "synchronise time to the computer" option but to no avail....however...

It transpires that the internet connection at the site (an hotel in fact) is not great at all.
    According to the guys who look after the network, and I quote...
    "the broadband is so poor as it is running at 2.5 mbps."

I have to assume that this is a major contributing factor in this instance.
    Oh well, it looks like a site visit is in order....12 hour round trip....sigh!

UK Household Automation, Sep 11, 2017
  5. UK Household Automation

Popovich

CTC3 touch screens

hello, say Clipsal ceased to produce CTC3 touch screens?

Popovich, Oct 23, 2017
Ask a Question