CBUS DALI Gateway

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by remedy, Nov 26, 2009.

1. remedy

remedy

I have a project where I only want to use the broadcast command. Do I still have to individually address the ballsts first before i can use the gateway????

:confused:

remedy, Nov 26, 2009
  2. remedy

Darren Senior Member

I don't think so, since the broadcast will go to all addresses anyway. It depends on whether the ballasts themselves require you to set an address before they will operate, but I would not expect that to be necessary.

Darren, Nov 26, 2009
  3. remedy

Newman

The DALI gateway allows you to map a C-Bus group address to a DALI universe broadcast command. In all the cases I have seen, this will work without requiring ballast commissioning.

Newman, Nov 26, 2009
  4. remedy

remedy

Thanks Darren

With the broadcast address can I use the mapped CBUS address and use it in PAC logic to set a level when a certain state is set from an auxilliary input unit

e.g aux unit ch on set dali group address to 76%

Cheers

Dave

remedy, Nov 26, 2009
  5. remedy

Mark

Hi,

This will work fine. Just map your chosen C-Bus GA to the DALI Broadcast, then set the GA from the PAC.

The only problem i see with an commissioned setup is that the error reporting will not work, as all ballasts will have the same DALI address. If you're ok with that, just turn off error reporting in the DALI Gateway.

Cheers,
    Mark.

Mark, Nov 27, 2009
Ask a Question