CBUS - HomeBridge/Home Assistant and Toolkit

Discussion in 'Third-Party Solutions' started by Kapowww, Oct 10, 2024 at 10:59 AM.

1. Kapowww

Kapowww

I’m kinda new to Home Assistant as I’ve been using HomeBridge and have integrated CBUS which I have linked up with Alexa and it’s been working great but Home Assistant has functions that HomeBridge doesn’t. I want to keep HomeBridge with the CBUS plugin (subscription to Alexa is much cheaper) and also use Home Assistant at the same time as I’m using two seperate Raspberry PI
    My biggest hurdle is my CBUS system for my lighting. I don’t know to share my Cbus link with HomeBridge and Home Assistant and also Toolkit. I would alway have to disconnect HomeBridge from the network to access toolkit and vice versa and now I’m having the same issue between the two raspberry Pi’s.
    I’ve googled the hell out of it for a solution so I’ve come here where all the smart people are in hope for a solution.

Kapowww, Oct 10, 2024 at 10:59 AM
  2. Kapowww

Conformist

If you are running CGATE on one of your pi's, you don't need to disconnect/shutdown to use Toolkit (access the CNI/PCI). Are you using remote Cgate in Toolkit?

Conformist, Oct 10, 2024 at 11:21 AM
  3. Kapowww

Kapowww

Hey mate. No, CGate is currently on local. I want to change up to remote but need some guidance/direction. Which Pi would I put it on as I really don’t want to screw up HomeBridge?
    Was trying to go down that path last night trying to figure it out but failed to find a good guide

Kapowww, Oct 10, 2024 at 7:22 PM
  4. Kapowww

Conformist

I run CGATE on a Pi 4 that runs all of my day to day stuff like Node Red etc.
    I have another Pi that runs the HomeAssistant OS.

Take a look at https://addictedtopi.tumblr.com/post/96351714013/installing-c-gate-on-a-raspberry-pi

This is (still) one of the best instructions. Make sure though, you are using CGATE2 (shipped with Toolkit V1.16.x and earlier). Toolkit V1.17 onwards uses a new CGATE3 that is way more tricky to use and install.

Conformist, Oct 11, 2024 at 1:57 PM
Ask a Question