CBUS supply to the UK

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by UK Household Automation, Jun 25, 2024.

1. UK Household Automation

UK Household Automation

Is there anybody or company that can supply CBUS parts to the UK?

Schneider have given up on UK and as ever give no clear direction. They HAVE stopped support for CBUS in the UK BUT still half heartedly 'supply' the three UK distributors. However the distributors no longer keep any appreciable stock and lead time are always in excess of 2 months which invariably translates to three months before product gets to a customer.

Is there anybody outside of the UK that can supply a long established dedicated integrator with parts ?

UK Household Automation, Jun 25, 2024
  2. UK Household Automation

DarylMc

DarylMc, Jun 26, 2024
  3. UK Household Automation

Conformist

I’ll PM you

I should be able to assist you.

Conformist, Jun 27, 2024
    KCW likes this.
  4. UK Household Automation

paddyb

Hi – late to the party here, but I’d definitely give a thumbs up to Brad in NousHouse. I’m based in Ireland, and availability here of C-Bus is also shockingly bad for the last few years. Due to this, I have ordered equipment from Brad and had it delivered literally halfway around the world in a couple of weeks, absolutely spot-on and no delays.

This turned out to be less time than it took the schneider sales team here to look up their system and confirm they didn't actually have the items, were not even sure they existed, but if they did exist, I would be allowed pay them 15K upfront whilst they checked and inevitably confirmed a 16 to 20 week delivery time frame...

It's really bad how C-Bus is treated over here, it's an amazing and bulletproof system. I’ve been using it for 20+ years, but I'm now at the point where I have to give up on it – just can't run a business based on its current availability here.

I’ve resisted it for years, but finally this month I have begun changing over to KNX. I’ve bought a demo kit a have just started playing with it. Overall it has similar capabilities, but my current favorite feature is that's it's actually available from multiple suppliers.

It's doubly disappointing as Clipsal have just started to refresh the C-Bus hardware offering, with the new digital dimmers and 16ch relays etc, they just can't be got over here. Such potential and new opportunities wasted, let alone trying to support existing customers who literally shelled out thousands for these systems...such a shame..

paddyb, Sep 24, 2024
  5. UK Household Automation

Trevor

Glad to hear you found Brad, he is an excellent source for all things C-Bus.
    Sorry to hear your not keeping it going though. I provide a repair service for the color touch screens, so if you need any of those repaired let me know. I also have refurbished units when available.
    regards
    Trevor Callaghan
    JEA Technologies
    [email protected]

Trevor, Sep 24, 2024
  6. UK Household Automation

ben addison

Hi
    LEW in Huddersfield has been getting stock in over the past few week. We are now installing the new dimmers.

ben addison, Sep 26, 2024
  7. UK Household Automation

ashleigh Moderator

Please be a little careful.

Australian SI's are territory limited and if caught supplying outside their territory then =S= may be unhappy with them.

Of course, what deals you do are up to you.

Just putting in a public place may be a little difficult.

ashleigh, Sep 26, 2024
  8. UK Household Automation

2SC

Hi Conformist,
    I am supporting more than 100 residential projects in Greece.
    Since Schneider removed CLIPSAL from the Greek market in 2012, I started buying C-bus units from the UK market.
    Now Clipsal is leaving from the UK. Can you assist me too? Thank you

2SC, Oct 5, 2024
  9. UK Household Automation

ben addison

Tue uk has been supplied over 100 on the new dimmers on the last few weeks. Who do you by off in the uk?

ben addison, Oct 6, 2024
Ask a Question