cbus2zigbee

Discussion in 'C-Bus Automation Controllers' started by geoffwatts, Mar 11, 2024.

1. geoffwatts

ssaunders

By the way, @geoffwatts, if you really want to use a Raspberry Pi to host Home Assistant then I strongly recommend a micro-UPS, like a Juice4halt hat. This allows gracefull shutdown on power loss, featuring a couple of super capacitors to keep the lights on for a while. This is brilliant to prevent SD card corruption, which will happen, given enough power losses.

Here's one installed on my autonomous robot Kevin's web server. (The black turret... Servo moveable. Yesss. He does fire nerf projectiles on demand, ordered via his public web site. I've only been shot once by some miscreant. Must implement a log for the next time he's online...)

upload_2024-3-28_21-14-17.png

ssaunders, Mar 28, 2024
  2. geoffwatts

geoffwatts

I think the thing with raspberry pi's that is generally awful is the sdcards going corrupt. The main reason it's there is because I had a RPi 5 going spare, and I was thinking (initially) that it would just be running an mqtt broker and zigbee2mqtt, and it could sit there running and not writing to the sdcard for the next 10 years possibly after I've even sold the house.

Again, changed my mind, and decided to do home automation "properly" - I'm going to run it on a proxmox VM, and migrate a few other things (like the cameras) off a Synology, and get HASS set up thoroughly.

geoffwatts, Mar 28, 2024
Ask a Question