Changing Application address bugs.

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by filpee, Apr 17, 2008.

1. filpee

filpee

Whats the best way to change Applications?

I want to change a bunch of relays/dimmers and key inputs from application 62 (outhouse) to application 71 (poolhouse) for example.

If I use the global programming button the application changes (only on the database I found out) and all the groups get copied across. Which is fine but none of the group address names get copied.

I get left with about 100 GA's that I then need to rename from the default 'Group 1' 'Group 2' etc.

That is when the GA's get copied across. Seems to be a bit hit and miss as to if they get copied across or not. (fairly sure it was working better before I ticked the box asking me if i wanted to keep reading the warning about copying groups. I cant seem to get the warning back up though)

I also noticed that when manually changing the application on the Relay GUI (and I assume same thing happens on the dimmers and other GUI's) whilst all the channel GA's change to reflect the new application, the Area GA doesnt change.

I have been using 1.8.1 to do my testing. Will upgrade to 1.8.2 when this job is finished.

filpee, Apr 17, 2008
  2. filpee

Dave Byron

filpee this going to cost you,

open up Toolkit App you want to move,
    high light all the groups (first one then move to last one and select with a shift select - normal widows command).
    Now a Control C

open excel and paste in A1
    Swap Col A and B around
    Select Cols A and B
    Copy to clipboard

back to Toolkit
    select APP were you want to add
    and do a Multiple add

delete groups from old APP

bingo
    I have a micro that does it all including levels and DLT text

dave