Child friendly electronic door locks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FitterMic, Jan 2, 2012.

1. FitterMic

FitterMic

I have been given approval to change my home door locks over keyless entry and I was wanting to migrate my house slowly to C-Bus and have a maximum of 36V system running through the house for all applications (as I am not an electrician). I have a 5yo & 4yo whom I want to be able to get in and out on their own, yet I dont want jam or water covered fingers to destroy the system. I also dont want the most expensive system per door, but I want access control to limit areas from the kids (say pool and garage). For all applications, The keypad, biometric scanner, etc will be attached to a wall, not the door.

Has anyone any experience in application and a good quality set of parts (and possibly a reputable distributor) for this child friendly application without it costing too much per unit. Thanks for any assistance that can speed my research.

FYI,
    I am new to C-Bus, but I have an IT degree, Mechanical Fitting trade and work with 12V electrical and hydraulics all day. I am mechanically and electrically adept and I can read instructions so this shouldn't be hard if I follow instructions. :)

FitterMic, Jan 2, 2012
Ask a Question