CNI error

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by inpowers, Feb 2, 2014.

1. inpowers

inpowers

Hi All

Have updated toolkit to version 1.13.0 and have the latest update for Java.
    When I go to Find C-Bus networks using the default interface type CNI.
    It finds my project and number of units with out any problems but when I goto open project I get and error.
    It use to work on the older versions of Toolkit but not this version.

Error below
    Any ideas would be much appreciated.
    Regards
    inpowers

Attached Files:

inpowers, Feb 2, 2014
  2. inpowers

daniel C-Busser Moderator

Hi there, I can confirm we do have the error report that you sent through earlier in the year.

Ref: TK-9947

Unfortunately I don't have an answer for you yet. As a workaround, instead of trying to scan for the CNI in Toolkit, you can add a network and specify the IP address of the CNI. You can locate the IP address if you don't know it by using the C-Bus IP Utility (which is installed along with Toolkit).

daniel, Feb 3, 2014
  3. inpowers

inpowers

Hi daniel
    I forgot to mention that I can open my project by selecting it on the left side of the scene and then selecting open all networks.
    Can you confirm that the error is just with my PC or the update?

Regards
    inpowers

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2014
    inpowers, Feb 3, 2014
  4. inpowers

zei20t

I get that error too, so more than likely isn't your machine :)

That work around works for me

zei20t, Feb 4, 2014
  5. inpowers

Benson

I also had this issue of the Lan light remained green and Cbus was orange, I spent two day on fault finding, trying different things, reseting to defaults reseting the IP address to what I wanted trying different computers, different set ups to no avail, I could not even find the CNI with IP Utility until now. What worked was I had disconnected the wiser router from the bus board and left the CNI connected to it with the power supply on then re-set the CNI from underneath and then rejoined it to the wiser modem. All of a sudden it was communicating both Lan and CBUS started talking. Now I can find the CNI with Ip Utility and able to change the settings. What I found happening is from trial and error is I reset everything to upload a Project Via PIC to my Wiser, did everything right checked the setting, all good the modem and CNI rebooted and bang lost connection again. It's Pic that's creating this issue, it uploads the project however when it reboots it set the CNI and wiser back to default 192.168.2.1, I had set the system to 192.168.20.21 and CNI 192.168.20.22 Port 10001 why on earth would it reset everything back to default and knock out the communications with the CNI. anyway I've worked out a work around now and its working, shit life's not supposed to be this difficult, I thought Clipsal was to make your life easier. Hope this helps anyone body with the same issue.

Benson, May 7, 2023
Ask a Question