CNI Questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Paul Shone, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Paul Shone

Paul Shone

Hi all,

1, Simple question really and my appologies if i've overlooked something obvious but, in a multi network installation (trunk and spur) with a CNI connected to the backbone, is it possible to control a lighting group on one or more of the remote networks (route a command through the bridges), i.e. like you can via a touch screen. i've searched through the relevant documentation but cant find anything that describes this.

2, I've just purchased a new E5500CN (Din rail mount) and the documentation seems to suggest that it should come supplied with a 12V, power supply, which it hasn't, should I contact my supplier or is this just a sign of the austere financial times we're living in that it has no longer supplied F.O.C.?

Thanks in advance

Paul

Paul Shone, Feb 25, 2013
  2. Paul Shone

ashleigh Moderator

Yes you can route messages via a CNI.

The E5500CN normally does not come with a plug pack.

Cat numbers have 2 forms: for example, 5500CN is the Australian CNI, it comes with a plug pack. The E prefix (E5500CN) means that its for a non-Australian market, and as such the mains plug-n-socket will be unknown - it might be a UK plug (big flat pins), or South African (huge big round pins), or European style (small round pins), or USA (small flat pins).

Because there is only one set of E series cat numbers for all non-Australian markets, they normally don't come with the mains-plug parts, such as plug adaptors.

ashleigh, Feb 25, 2013
Ask a Question