Congrats to CIS for power monitoring

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by wappinghigh, Nov 13, 2011.

1. wappinghigh

wappinghigh

Look guys, this Wiser cbus power monitoring is great :):)

Well done..it really does show what this technology can do.

Can we now have some longer monitoring leads, and the ability to add 2 CMU's into one Wiser project?

Then I might buy another CMU for another 4 zones of monitoring..

Cheers :p

wappinghigh, Nov 13, 2011
  2. wappinghigh

Mark

Longer leads?

Hi,

I'm struggling to imagine why you need longer leads on the CTs - can you please explain?

Mark.

Mark, Nov 14, 2011
  3. wappinghigh

wappinghigh

Sure. That is an easy one.

If the switchboard isn't close to the cbus DIN cabinet. Or the load you are looking at monitoring specifically isn't close....

wappinghigh, Nov 14, 2011
  4. wappinghigh

Darpa

Errr, wouldn't you just run pink cbus cable to the other cabinet then? and CT's arent exactly typically meant to be used outside switchboards, why can't you simple use the CT on the corresponding MCB/RCD's active to measure each circuit?

Darpa, Nov 20, 2011
  5. wappinghigh

Newman

Given that the C-Bus Current Measurement Unit is bus-powered, and the CT's are connected to it, then it would be advisable to keep the CT leads as short as possible. Having lead extensions risks un-balancing the C-Bus network and making it less reliable, for the same reason that using long cables on a Bus Coupler is not recommended.

Newman, Nov 20, 2011
  6. wappinghigh

wappinghigh

Congrats again

Credit where credit is due. CMU monitoring at whatever it is... $500-600...is fantastic value and an outstanding addition to a cbus installation. It is basically what cbus is all about. It makes it functional. It gives it purpose. It shows it off. Absolutely EVERY new or retrofit cbus installation should have this product!!

I can sit at my office computer, or be away on my iphone and look at the loads and within Wiser immediately switch off anything unnecessary. When I add solar, I can adjust what is on/off and shift loads depending on the current power being generated by the panels. Or adjust things like pool pumps to take advantage of the off peak rates. All for $600. I'll say it again: Outstanding. 10/10 CIS :):):)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2011
    wappinghigh, Nov 29, 2011
Ask a Question