CTC2 Constantly Restarts

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by pspeirs, Jan 21, 2019.

1. pspeirs

pspeirs

Hey All,

Jusrt recently I noticed the CTC2 restarting periodically, it has reached a stage now where it will go into a loop some period after a restart and flash the LED and screen rapidly. I can't pin it down to any particular event that may have happened, so have little else to go on. Last straw before powering it down were the noisy restarts at 4 am.

Anyone able to offer any suggestions?

Cheers,
    Paul

pspeirs, Jan 21, 2019
  2. pspeirs

jboer

Hey Paul, depending on the fault you may find replacing the RAM fixes your issue, it may not as well but I have had some successes doing that. The RAM is around on eBay and RS and it quite easy to replace.

jboer, Jan 21, 2019
  3. pspeirs

Trevor

These units can still be repaired by Arbor Australia. We were the original manufacturer of the units for Clipsal. I have provided my contact details if you need to contact me directly.

Note:- All 5080CTC Color Touch Screens CTC1, CTC2 and CTC3, can still be Serviced/Repaired by us. Any Spectrum B/W units can still be repaired by Schneider-Electric directly.

Note:- The RAM for the CTC1 and CTC2 is located between the two main PCB's and is not that easy to get to, as a complete disassembly is required to do so. The RAM on the CTC3 can be replaced after removing the unit from the black plastic.

Regards,

Trevor Callaghan
    Workshop Technician
    Arbor Australia Pty Ltd
    Unit 1/72 Bayfield Rd
    Bayswater North
    Victoria 3153 Australia
    Mobile : 0404 887 463
    Phone : +61 3 8736 0328
    Fax : +61 3 8736 0325
    Email : [email protected]

Trevor, Jan 29, 2019