Dali Gateway

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Anton, May 18, 2007.

1. Anton

Anton

Hi guys.
    Just a little suggestion for the DALI gateway GUI.
    I've been commissioning a site with over 40 gateways (80+ Dali networks) and found it very time consuming to program the associations between the DALI units and the C-Bus groups.

To setup Network A on the unit it's fine, you can just use the default and it will map unit 0 to group 0, unit 1 to group 1 etc etc.
    But when you get to Network B there are a few suggestions that I have.
    Firstly, the the ease of fault finding, I have started my B network at group 100, so that each like on the network is as easily accounted for as Network A.
    Unit 0 on A is Group 0, Unit 0 on B is 100.
    Dali Group assignments are between C-Bus Group 64 and 99, and Scenes also.

However, by setting it up this way it means that you can not use the default choice for B, which I'm not sure works for B anyhow from the little bit of testing that I did on it.
    What I suggest is to allow a lower limit for the default option to be set.
    Ie. Network B starts at Group X.
    The drop down list would then contain Default A and Default B.

Just a suggestion, but something like this would have saved me hours and hours on this installation.

Cheers.

Anton

Anton, May 18, 2007
  2. Anton

ashleigh Moderator

Thanks. Logged it.

ashleigh, May 18, 2007
Ask a Question