Day Light Saving

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dave Byron, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Dave Byron

Dave Byron

Just notice the lastest windows update id for this, going to put all our piced times out this year.

Australia has changed the regularly scheduled end of Daylight Saving Time in five Australian states from March 2006 to the first Sunday of April 2006 due to the 2006 Commonwealth Games. Install this update to enable your computer to automatically adjust the computer clock on the correct date. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

dave

Dave Byron, Mar 1, 2006
  2. Dave Byron

jka

Daylight savings time correction

Hello Dave
    I have a PAC but it did not change the system time
    (just now and at the start of daylight savings)
    It has the events daylight savings start & stop set
    Any clues??
    regards
    Jim

jka, Mar 27, 2007
  3. Dave Byron

Nathan

Its doesnt work. There is an update in the downloads section for standalone pacs that dont have a clock source such as a touch screen. This update is needed for stand alone pacs to change time. Its bugged me I have 20 sites ive had to go and change.

Nathan, Mar 27, 2007
  4. Dave Byron

ashleigh Moderator

Yep. Daylight saving is a pain in the backside.

And governments that keep changing the dates make it even more painful. Internet direct connected desktop PCs can handle this stuff.

Embedded machines (whether with or without software defects) require manual intervention. Nobody ever takes account of the cost of doing that, though. :mad:

ashleigh, Mar 28, 2007
Ask a Question