Dimmer failure / troubleshooting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by razor77, Aug 9, 2009.

1. razor77

razor77

I am presently setting up my first C-Bus network, it comprises of 48 channels from an array of 4/8 channel DIN dimmers and relays.

I have a basic test bed to power a unit and connect a 50w incandescent light to each channel. Two 4 channel dimmers do not work like the others, I suspect they are either faulty or programmed differently.

When powered up the logical toggle buttons have no effect, when pressed they do not backlight nor do they light the connected incandescent lights. One of the units when first powed up, briefly (1 second) powers the connected incandescent lights.

Are these faulty or am I missing a trick?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2009
    razor77, Aug 9, 2009
  2. razor77

NickD Moderator

Do the Unit/C-Bus indicators come on? Did you program the units or are they fresh out of the box?

Nick

NickD, Aug 10, 2009
  3. razor77

razor77

The unit indicators do come on.

These units are not brand new, although one I am told was box fresh (never previously installed) and the other has previously been in an install that was never commisioned,of course it has probably been powered and possibly programmed.

razor77, Aug 10, 2009
  4. razor77

razor77

With no further reposnses I have a more specific question to aid my trouble shooting.

Can learn mode be disabled on DIN output units?

razor77, Aug 13, 2009
  5. razor77

NickD Moderator

Yes, Learn Mode can be disabled. Local toggle can also be disabled, so it is possible that these are related to your problem.

Can I assume from your question that the units in question are not entering Learn?

I would suggest if you haven't already, that you get in with Toolkit and check out the programming.

Nick

NickD, Aug 14, 2009
Ask a Question