Dimmer slow to recover and power failure

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by znelbok, Mar 28, 2011.

1. znelbok

znelbok

Hi Guys

We had a power excersion last night, only brief <10sec, but it highlighted a problem that I had forgotten about and its time to do something. Because it happened at 11ish I was up chasing the problem and I can;t expect anyone else inthe houe to do it if I am not there.

Anyway, on one particular dimmer when the power is turned off (to the control side) and back on within a certain time fram (minutes), it wont power up and it takes out the whole C-bus network. All units flash their C-bus LED.

If I leave it for about 10 minutes and power it back up it is fine and all works as expected.

So what should I do, are there any basic checks I can do apart from teh obvious of checking the C-bus cable, screws are tights, or should I just contact Clipsal and see if they can replace it.

Its been like this from the get go, its just that once its running its fine and I forget about doing anything about it.

Mick

znelbok, Mar 28, 2011
Ask a Question