Dimming Megaman LED

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nextav, Nov 22, 2011.

1. nextav

nextav

nextav, Nov 22, 2011
  2. nextav

Aaron

I have similar dimmable GU10 base type megaman lamps.
    Their ok
    best to start at full power, then hold for a bit and dim to not less than about 35% other wise their not reliable.
    Not great but last longer than a halogen :)

I've seen phillips and aurora lighting have some 'new' dimmable leds with wide er light angle and in warm white (k2700)

http://www.aurora.eu.com/ProductPages/ListCategory.aspx?b=71&c=137

Anyone tried these with c-bus dimmers??

Aaron, Nov 22, 2011
  3. nextav

Matthew

Philips LED's

I stuck two Philips "Master LED MV 7W" GU10 dimmable on an existing L5508D1A and it wasn't great. They dimmed up and down OK once running but started (turned on & off actually) with a delayed response and a bit like a surge. I didn't bother playing with the dimmer settings as my Wife did not like the colour..... so they could not stay:(.
    I was impressed with the output of the Philips 7W compared to the halogen (similar to the eye), and they would have been good energy savings compared to the halogen 40W. I've used them in non dimmed external lights instead.

Regards

Matthew, Nov 22, 2011
  4. nextav

nextav

Had no success with universal dimmer (Flickering, turns off for a few seconds then back on and flickering). I am going to try standard C-Bus leading edge dimmer.

nextav, Nov 25, 2011
  5. nextav

nextav

Standard C-Bus Leading edge 4ch dimmers works perfectly with these, no need to turn on to full power for a couple of seconds, they just work :)

nextav, Dec 1, 2011
Ask a Question