Disable Shutter (Blind) closing if window (reed) open

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by JasonY00, Oct 30, 2018.

1. JasonY00

JasonY00

Hi Everyone,

I'm interested if anyone has come across the problem of stopping a shutter relay (controlling a roller blind) from being able to close (via a scheduled scene or more importantly via a single "shutter toggle" key programmed into a Saturn switch) if the reed switch on the window is open and input via a DIN Rail Auxiliary Input Unit.

Setup is:
    Window/Door blinds connected to shutter relays.
    "Shutter Toggle" Key programmed into Saturn switches
    Doors/Windows have reeds connected to DIN Rail Aux Input units.
    Scene programmed into C-Touch with schedule to close blinds at Sunset

So generally, I don't want the schedule or someone to manually (via Saturn key) close the blind if the window/door is open. This stops them getting damaged on windy days

I realise that I can use Enable Control from the Aux Input to stop the schedule from running the scene that closes the blinds, however, does anyone know if I can stop the shutter relay from closing if someone presses the key on the Saturn switch. I don't mind if the blind can be opened if the window/door is open, just not closed.

I also use homebridge to control the shutters via the Home App and would prefer to maintain the "direct" access to the shutter relay with the App (which includes status of the blind) rather than just a toggle switch. Hope I'm not asking the impossible.

Thanks in advance for anyone's help.

Cheers

Jason

JasonY00, Oct 30, 2018
  2. JasonY00

Ashley

Unfortunately the powers that be weren't smart enough to add logic to the shutter relay which would have made this very simple. I tried a number of solutions of varying complexity until settling on some simple logic (assuming you have a logic device of course). All I do is have a module that runs every second and checks the interlock ga. If it is set and the shutter is not open is just opens the shutter. Very simple and very reliable. So if someone closes the shutter it will reverse within 1 second, and if the shutter is close and someone opens the window, the shutter will open. I can post the logic if you would like to see it.

Ashley, Oct 30, 2018
  3. JasonY00

JasonY00

Thank you Ashley for your out-of-hours support!

I would be very grateful if you could post the logic. I have a Wiser 1 unit that doesn’t do much except act as a WiFi access point and pass general lighting GA’s through to homebridge via the homebridge-wiser plugin. It could do with some more use...

My scenes and schedules are on a C-Touch for ease of changing the times.
    I agree that logic in the shutter relays would have been nice but it’s hard to foresee everything.

Thank you again...another piece in the C-Bus puzzle in place.

Jason

JasonY00, Oct 30, 2018
  4. JasonY00

Ashley

Ashley, Oct 31, 2018
    JasonY00 likes this.
  5. JasonY00

JasonY00

Thank you Ashley,

I have been playing around this afternoon with enable control for the blinds and put together some code for a one window/blind combination for a changeover relay and a shutter relay option (unfortunately, I have both). I had it working with the Wiser and the open/closed window/door status displaying on my iPhone Home app. I can also feed this information back to my Concept 4000 Alarm Panel as Auxiliaries and include then in alarm areas as if they were native inputs.

I was thinking that I would have to copy the code 20+ times for each window/door and I commented the code with a note about how to do it more elegantly. When I read your post which used Arrays (which I had completely forgotten about from my old programming days) the task now seems insignificant!

Thank you so much for your time.

Kind regards

Jason

JasonY00, Oct 31, 2018
Ask a Question