DLT Backlight not working

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by BradJ, Jun 29, 2013.

1. BradJ

BradJ

One of my DLT's LCD backlight is not working. The button lights are working fine. I bought it second hand, reset it from toolkit and programmed it. I assume the backlight wasn't working before I reset it, I did not notice. I have checked the brightness on the indicator tab in toolkit is 100%. I have about 15 others installed, no problem.

I know the backlight is LED so it seems unlikely the LED is shot. Any thoughts on what the failure might be?

Thanks in advance.

BradJ, Jun 29, 2013
  2. BradJ

Matthew

LED's can fail

So it sounds like you've checked out the programming and got that sorted with 15 others...Well if it's not working then there's a good chance it could be shot.

Contrary to popular belief that LED's last forever (otherwise quoted as 50,000hrs!) LED's can fail, or it could be the soldering or one of the other components supplying the LED voltage could be dead. All rare but completely possible.
    Refund from seller? Paypal buyer protection apply?

Matthew, Jul 9, 2013
Ask a Question