DLT text lable for a Scene

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by [email protected], Apr 5, 2005.

1. arnis@nyherji.is

[email protected]

HI

I have looked through the DLT quick tutorial, and was able to change the labels for groups assigned to buttons on the DLT units, as described in the tutorial.

But when I assign a scene to a button I am not able to change the label of that button from the default.

any ideas

btw. I realy like the DLT units and they do indeed look great

[email protected], Apr 5, 2005
  2. arnis@nyherji.is

Mark

Hi,

To label a scene key it needs a Trigger Group and Action Selector. Could you check these have been assigned for each scene key?

You should then be able to label them under the Trigger Control node of the Edit Languages diaglogue.

Also, are you labelling in English? The first label applied to each key must be in standard English, then you can add other languagues such as Icelandic, Swahili, or whatever else takes your fancy...

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Mark.

Mark, Apr 5, 2005
  3. arnis@nyherji.is

[email protected]

Great thanks will try this today

do you mean that I will have to label all groups once in english to be able to label them later in Icelandic

or what do you mean by first label

Thanks for you response :)

[email protected], Apr 6, 2005
  4. arnis@nyherji.is

Mark

DLT First Label

Arnis,

Version 1.4 DLT's require the first label applied to a Button to be standard English. Once you have an English label, this is used as the default instead of 'Key x'. Once you have set up these English defaults (ie. the buttons are no longer labelled 'Key x') you can start labelling in other languages.

When you change the language to Icelandic, any Icelandic labels will be displayed, but Buttons with no Icelandic label will show the English label as the default.

This was done to try to ensure all Buttons have a meaningfull label when multiple languages are used in places like hotels.

Version 2.0 DLT's no longer require the first label to be English. You can start with any language.

Good luck!

Mark.

Mark, Apr 6, 2005
Ask a Question