DLT Text

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Dave Byron, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Dave Byron

Dave Byron

How do I make the text update in a switch when i change say a gang assisment automaticlly. Not have to go back to network and go through the full load.

Its a bit tricky when the text doent match what the switch does until a full reload. (got about 40 DLTs )

dave

Dave Byron, Jun 15, 2005
  2. Dave Byron

Newman

You don't need to do a "full load" (assume you mean transfer network -> database here) to assign the new text after changing group addresses. You can download the text tags individually. Just make the changes to your groups and then download the Labels for just the Group Addresses used in that unit.

If you're changing lots & lots of units Group Address associations then change all your Groups in all the units first. Then send all labels into the network in bulk which can be done from a single command.

Newman, Jun 15, 2005
  3. Dave Byron

Mark

Updating DLT Text

Hi Dave,

There is no way to automatically update labels upon changing a unit's config. Your best bet would be to go into the Edit Languages dialogue, right click on the label and save it individually, or navigate to the particular group within the Applications tree view and update the label for that group.

Cheers,
    Mark.

Mark, Jun 15, 2005
  4. Dave Byron

Dave Byron

Dlt

Mark,
    Going to each group is not and option, just trying remember which ones were changed in switch would need a full assistant. The main problem is not adding or changing a group its when I change a switch gang assisgments (so still using same group) on about 10 switches at a time.
    Now need to update text on 2 application at least - it you goto the newtork and english etc can I send all the text for all apps in one go??

Dave Byron, Jun 16, 2005
  5. Dave Byron

Newman

You can download all labels for an application by clicking on the Edit Languages button wilst the Network is selected in the project manager. From there you can select the desired application and then click Save. This will transfer all labels within an application to the network.

Newman, Jun 16, 2005
Ask a Question