Does this touchscreen exist..?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by chk, Apr 6, 2011.

1. chk

chk

I was flipping through a magazine and came across this... It looks just like the CTC but its able to view the Wiser web app.

Attached Files:

chk, Apr 6, 2011
  2. chk

nickrusanov

it looks like a normal Color C-Touch with wiser-style interface.

but very good and cheap idea for a new device. simple touchscreen with Flash capability, Wiser Client for something like 200USD

too bad Schneider Electric seems to have more important things to do

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2011
    nickrusanov, Apr 8, 2011
  3. chk

kjayakumar

My understanding is that Clipsal/SE may be actively trying to address this. Keep in mind, engineers often aren't allowed to talk about what is being worked on and are punished when they do, :), so keep pressure on the people you're buying equipment from and you might get some more concrete info.

kjayakumar, Apr 9, 2011
  4. chk

Ingo

You know what would really be impressive is if this future touch panel have the same Swipe and Pinch Zoom as Apple/Android devices.

Imagine displaying a large image/floorplan on it, double-tap or use two fingers to zoom in. Once zoomed in you use one finger to drag the window to wherever you want. When you are at the place you want to be, single tap on an object for an action or long press for another action. If you only have a screen size image then the swipe action can 'page' through the screens as you look for the required screen, no more pressing arrow buttons or Next, Next, Next all the time.

I think you can guess that I recently got an Android phone and I love the interface. Hmm... what if the touch screen uses Andoid OS???? Imagine all the developers starting to develop Cbus apps and widgets for it... Awesome!!

Ingo

Ingo, Apr 9, 2011
  5. chk

tobex

Why does it need to be on a screen at all. It can just be on a glass wall.

tobex, Apr 9, 2011
Ask a Question