eDLT - Blank screen Fatal error message

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Burton Electrical, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Burton Electrical

Burton Electrical

Hi c-bussers,

Does anyone have a work around for an eDLT that has gone blank on me?

Have had this unit in storage for a fair while but decided to get it out over the holidays for a dabble, worked fine for a bit but now screen is blank. The unit is showing up ok in toolkit and also checks out ok via the diagnostics tab on network units but when trying to open unit in toolkit it scans ok but GUI wont open then I get two "Fatal error messages"
    see attached files.

20190102_190206.jpg 20190102_190223.jpg

I have upgraded to latest toolkit version 1.15.5 (was running 1.15.3) but made no difference.
    Have also tried the eDLT firmware updater under tools but this doesn't work either.

I have other eDLTs in the project and they are working fine.

Any suggestions would be great, thanks! 20190102_190206.jpg 20190102_190223.jpg

Burton Electrical, Jan 2, 2019
  2. Burton Electrical

Burton Electrical

Hi Chris,

Thanks mate for replying, in the mean time I have literally just unplugged the offending eDLT from cbus and plugged back in since upgrading to latest version of toolkit (1.15.5) and it seems to have done the trick!

Will keep an eye on it and report back if becomes an issue again.

Cheers
    Matt:)

Burton Electrical, Jan 2, 2019
  3. Burton Electrical

dancariola

Hi Chris and Matt,

I have this exact same issue - this is now the second unit where it's occurred. The first one I already binned and spent $400 on a new unit. Trying to avoid doing this again.

The unit has gone black on me, however it still appears on the network. I get the same fatal error as you Matt when I try to open it from C-Bus Toolkit. I just updated the Toolkit version from 1.15.6 to 1.15.7.

I have three other edlt units on the network that are working fine. However, their firmware is outdated but I wasn't able to update it with the "eDLT firmware updater" - it says it can't find any edlt's connected.

This is becoming an (even more) expensive exercise if I have to replace all my edlt's after 5 years.

Any suggestions as to how I can unbrick this switch?

Cheers,
    Daniel

dancariola, Oct 22, 2020
  4. Burton Electrical

chromus

Contact customer support these things can also be reflashed via ftdi but not by end users

chromus, Oct 23, 2020
  5. Burton Electrical

Burton Electrical

Hi Daniel,

It must of been a one off for me sorry. As per my previous post all I did in the end was unplug it, upgrade toolkit to latest version, rescan / plugin and seem to come good, might of been lucky.
    Hope it has sorted itself out for you.
    As per Chromus, if still no good i would suggest contacting customer support too.

Rgds
    Matt

Burton Electrical, Nov 13, 2020
  6. Burton Electrical

Burton Electrical

I have not had one do this to me since fingers crossed!

Burton Electrical, Nov 13, 2020
  7. Burton Electrical

bmerrick

Hi Guys,

I have seen this a few times, some after an EDLT firmware upgrade, but once or twice after a Toolkit version change.

In both these situations, I could still see the eDLTs in Toolkit, but it was black screen. What worked for me was changing the foreground colour to something new eg. Green and background to something new eg. Red and then after that, power cycling it and then when it came up in green on red, changing it back to the preferred setting again, usually white on black. It seemed like the foreground and background colour registers had became corrupted during the upgrades?

On one eDLT, it took more with a factory reset and then re-program from scratch.

This might not fix your issues, just a suggestion as it worked for me.

I also came across an eDLT that went black after being online for several days, which was always temporarily resolved with a disconecct / reconnnect only to fail again in 3-7 days. Replacement fixed that one.

Good Luck,

Brad

:eek::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
    bmerrick, Nov 17, 2020
  8. Burton Electrical

ColinRoth

I was doing a firmware upgrade on e eDLT unit. 2 of the units worked fine and the other came up with an error. This unit is now dead. Any ideas on how to resurrect it?
    Thanks

ColinRoth, Dec 10, 2022
Ask a Question