eDLT Firmware upgrade V16 - V17

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by gte242, Oct 30, 2023.

1. gte242

gte242

Hi

Just had the blank/black screen of death on one of my eDLT's after a firmware upgrade. All other eDLT's in the house upgraded perfectly.

Uploaded firmware and green bar completed. eDLT rebooted but did not come back with information screen. Have tried the following with no great success:

1. Tried a factory reset and comes back with "Factory reset failed. You may need to open and close this GUI or update it to the latest firmware". I have tried both.
    2. When trying to squirt the firmware back in it says unit is not present.
    3. Just tried a general save on the unit and no joy got "an error happened when saving to the unit, please check communications and try again.
    4. Ran a reliability test and unit appears and its says its perfect. Guessing it just checking the coms bit of it.

I know what you all going to say phone customer support - well the UK version of customer support is not great. They just pass you back out to another distributor or integrator of which said we don't deal with questions anymore and send you off to another integrator. I have responded to the email appropriately :).

Can anyone help as I am dead set against throwing an expensive bit a kit away knowing it may just need flashing again.

Thank you in advance.

Gareth Edwards

gte242, Oct 30, 2023
  2. gte242

Wonkey

Can you access the tools page directly on the eDLT, press and hold bottom left and tap top right.
    Try connecting the eDLT in a different location on your home just incase comms are poor to that location and try reprogramming again.
    Is the unit still under warranty or even not to old SE are normally good and it may be worth while trying UK again saying it failed under a firmware update and can it be replaced.
    Finally try Tech support in Australia.

Wonkey, Oct 31, 2023
  3. gte242

gte242

Hi

Tools page can't be accessed. Have already moved it to the spare bedroom from the main bedroom but unfortunately no joy.

I believe a case has now been raised with clipsal. Waiting on a reply after providing extra info.

Thanks for thoughts

Regards

Gareth

gte242, Nov 1, 2023
  4. gte242

conor1

Hi Gareth ,
    Had the same problem did you ever get anywhere with yours .

Thanks Conor

conor1, Jan 21, 2024
  5. gte242

gte242

No joy struggling with customer support between UK and Poland. Have two case numbers open.

1. One in Poland - 106954058 - referred me back to UK support but still waiting for a contact from them.
    2. One in UK - 105080452 - who said it referred to clipsal.com support but has not responded.

Neither have returned back with an answer and or any options. If anyone can help resolve or point me in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Regards

Gareth

gte242, Mar 10, 2024
Ask a Question