enclosure for Din rail modules

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by znelbok, Feb 28, 2013.

1. znelbok

znelbok

I used to use the nice steel 4C48FD enclosure, but that is not avilable any more.

I need to install 5 modules with room for a few more and circuit protection but I can't find any decent steel enclosures.

That is probably wrong, I found some very nice ones, but they are way too big, I only need half the size if that.

What is a good board that people are using now. Lots of plastic available, but I prefer steel.

Mick

Doh - Found the clipsal range just after posting this. The 4C60MFD appears to be a suitable replacement.

If you know of any others just post them here.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2013
    znelbok, Feb 28, 2013
  2. znelbok

bmerrick

Hi Mick,

Who said the 4C48FD was discontinued? :(

Please don't, it's my favorite too!! I really like the 'perfect' size of the board and the neat one C-Bus dimmer/relay module per slot design.

Apart from the colour, which I think Clipsal should now optionally powdercoat in white in addition to the 'classic light beige', and that it could really use a single module width DIN rail slot extension (ie 13M width) for an MCB/RCD, they're a great solid panel and I see them in lots of 'neatly done' sites.

The 4C48FD is still showing in eCatalogue at $652.85 RRP Inc and $474.80 Trade Ex?

Anyway, the 4C60MFD is really an updated model, but both taller and wider from memory and a more modern white colour, but has 4 slots like the old 4C48FD.

There is also a 2 slot 30 module (4C30MFD), 3 slot 45 module (4C45MFD) and a tall 5 slot (4C75MFD), guess the number of modules :p. Best of all for really neat in-wall installs, you can go with a 'Flush' versions of all of them. Just add an F to the code eg 4FC60MFD and then it's an in-wall derivative.

So sad if 4C48FD has left the building, but really well catered for in the updated 'replacement' department.

Have a good one,

Brad

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2013
    bmerrick, Mar 1, 2013
  3. znelbok

znelbok

where is the ecatalog you are referring to? I used the trade site, but just lately there have been no prices on there and it did not return a result for the 4C48FD. Maybe it is still around, but I thought I read somewhere it was removed.

Thanks for the info

Mick

znelbok, Mar 1, 2013
  4. znelbok

bmerrick

Hi Mick,

The eCatalogue and the iPad / iPhone / Android version, the iCat are both in the trade downloads section after you login at http://www.clipsal.com/trade/downloads/software

Both are really good when you are looking for that special 'widget' as you can search by product code 'bits' and also descriptive words and the eCat brings up all the potential matches, even has brochures close at hand and can do simple quotes etc as well (though I don't use that bit).

Enjoy,

Brad

bmerrick, Mar 1, 2013
Ask a Question