Enclosure for R5102RVF (2ch relay)

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by cmlp, Jul 11, 2008.

1. cmlp

cmlp

Hi,

I've just received a R5102RVF, and as expected found that it needs to get mounted into some sort of enclosure. Do Clipsal sell something that fits it perfectly? If not, what do people tend to use? Lunchbox? ;-)

Cheers,
    Chris.

cmlp, Jul 11, 2008
  2. cmlp

ashleigh Moderator

An enclosure from clipsal is available, its just been released.

ashleigh, Jul 11, 2008
  3. cmlp

znelbok

can you elaborate - say with a part number or a link

Thanks

Mick

znelbok, Jul 11, 2008
  4. cmlp

ashleigh Moderator

Oops - wrong product. Sorry about that :(

ashleigh, Jul 12, 2008
  5. cmlp

darrenblake

enclosure

I believe an anclosure is in the pipiline, no idea as to when it will be available though

darrenblake, Jul 12, 2008
  6. cmlp

cmlp

Ok, so what is the usual process for enclosing it? Sparky may know already but I want to be prepared if possible.

Chris.

cmlp, Jul 13, 2008
  7. cmlp

inpowers

Just go down to your local Electrical wholesaler and ask for a Plastic Enclosure. Bring the part with you as the enclosures come in all different sizes.

Rob

inpowers, Jul 13, 2008
  8. cmlp

darrenblake

shutter relay controller enclosure

Dependent on the physical space in which you want to install the unit a 2 pole clipsal enclosure (4CC2) enclosure from your local wholesaler should do the trick for a one off shutter relay controller. Keep in mind they are DIN mount so any DIN enclosure of any size do the job.

darrenblake, Jul 15, 2008
  9. cmlp

znelbok

the unit in question is not the shutter relay, its the older 1 and two channel relay that was released with the original C-bus.

Moving it into the shutter relay enclosure would be a godsend - Now that they have the shell hopefully they will redesign the PCB to suit.

Mick

znelbok, Jul 15, 2008
  10. cmlp

Matthew

Enclosing an R5102RVF

G'day Chris
    The length of the R5102 & R5101 (200mm) is the tricky item to accomodate. The fact that you need c-bus in one end & mains in the other further adds to the length you need, so you essentially need an enclosure with 250mm internal space. Such a box ends up being quite big and expensive. These relay's were orignially designed for installation within fluorescent luminaire bodies.
    I have mounted them in a 2 gang 56series enclosure but it is very tight and no wiring room, you have to wire it up first them screw it into the enclosure & you have to bend one of the mounting tabs.
    Most people tend to install them withing distribution board enlosures. Another place I saw one tightly fitted was in the bottom of a 4CC12SB enclosure that housed a C-Bus dimmer.
    I saw one where the installer had cut a tight square hole in a small enclosure had the mains end enclosed and the c-bus end hanging out in a plant room, :confused:
    Hope this helps
    Matthew

Matthew, Jul 16, 2008
  11. cmlp

darrenblake

enclosure

Mmm,

Sorry avot that, i too had misunderstood the part no. It never used to have an "R" in front.

Anyway, once again, dependent on the application you are installing the relay in depends on what you can put it in.

I have recently been involved in a project where we are controlling several hundred 400w highbay lights, each controlled by a standalone 1 channel relay located at the fitting.
    We simply used a PVC adaptable box you can get from any wholesaler.
    In our instance, we used the relays with the three core flex (5101RC for memory).

We also found some press fit, split terminal blocks that facilitated a tool-less disconnect of the C-Bus cable for easy installation and maintenence.

darrenblake, Jul 18, 2008
Ask a Question