Error 20099

Discussion in 'C-Bus Automation Controllers' started by jpwuk, Oct 13, 2024 at 1:33 PM.

1. jpwuk

jpwuk

I have a dedicated computer to run the CBUS Toolkit and PICED attached to a PAC. The Toolkit is 1.17.6. I am getting Error - 20099 responses: An error has occurred Could not create project, Project directory may be read-only.

There is no Project directoty in c>clipsal>cbustoolkit. If I create one then under Properties it has a - sign in the read only box. If I remove that it just reappears.

If I run Find C-Bus Networks and Scan it fiunds the network. I open the project and create it and I get the same error. Then Information - 64000 Project cannot be opened because the conversion if it from an earlier C-gate version is either pending or has failed.

Restore Project gives me Error - 20101, Project directory is in invalid. Cannot restore projects.

If I try to run a project backup straight from the file nothing happens.

If I run a PICED backup directly from the file I can make changes there to schedules and get a resources report from the PAC. But if I run PICED and try to open the same I get Error - 14020 There is no C-Bus Project selected.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2024 at 1:55 PM
    jpwuk, Oct 13, 2024 at 1:33 PM
  2. jpwuk

oracle

install an earlier version of toolkit that is compatible with your version of Piced. if you are using toolkit of 1.17 your cgate version will be cgate 3,
    you will need to update piced or install an older toolkit with cgate 2. 2 and 3 cannot reside on same pc. the directory for older cbus projects was c-gate2/tag so it sounds like a version mismatch to me? read your release notes before updating anything. I assume also when you say dedicated computer you mean one you periodically connect to the PAC for communicating changes only? if not remeber that in USB interface mode the Pac technically isn't a PAC

oracle, Oct 14, 2024 at 5:32 AM
  3. jpwuk

jpwuk

Thank you so much. I removed the Toolkit and rolled back to an earlier version. Both Toolkit and PICED now operating as expected. Incredibly grateful you took the time to explain this. :)

jpwuk, Oct 14, 2024 at 11:05 AM
  4. jpwuk

Conformist

Just want to clarify that Toolkit V1.16.x and V1.17.x can both live on the same PC. You must however, ensure CGATE3 files live in a completely different directory. During the install process, instruct the installer to do this.

I only use V1.17 for installation of new dimmers (then add their group addresses manually in V1.16.4) and tackle all other programming in 1.16.4

I too thought two versions could not cohabitate on the same PC and was running two laptops there for awhile. I decided to try it and found it's actually OK. Just document what lives where :)

Conformist, Oct 14, 2024 at 12:50 PM
Ask a Question