Forgotten Clipsal C-bus user name and password

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by pete_s_h, Sep 26, 2024.

1. pete_s_h

pete_s_h

I want to connect with my C-bus lighting system via Google Home but do not know what my user name or password are. I set the system up 15 years ago and do not seem to have recorded this information anywhere. Can any help me at all with this?

pete_s_h, Sep 26, 2024
  2. pete_s_h

Wonkey

To connect to C-Bus to program it you don't need a user name or password.
    To access the Wiser app that needs user name and password.
    C-Bus does not natively connect to google home, but needs some third party software, see the voice control section of the forum.
    Your first task is to identify what interfaces you have to C-Bus, hence how did you connect your PC to the network.
    Then let the forum know and we can guide you.
    If you are serious about achieving this you will need additional equipment maybe a Raspberry Pi and lots of patience, or you could pay someone to do it for you.

Wonkey, Sep 27, 2024
  3. pete_s_h

pete_s_h

Thanks for that. I know that it seems to be quite difficult to get C-bus to work with the modern smart systems like Google Home and have not gone into what could be involved in any detail. What prompted my post was that I opened Google Home and searched the list of Works with Google apps. for C-bus. This cam e up with a link to Clipsal CBus. On selecting this it said that "Link an account to control Clipsal CBus on any device". On accepting this he next screen says " C-Bus by Schneider Account Linking and asks for an "email address" and "password". When I enter any of the email addresses I might have used for my Wiser 2 or C-Gate or C-bus Tool Kit the response is "User not found"
    Does anyone have any idea about how to find the email address which can be associated with this "works with Google" "Clipsal-Cbus link".
    I am completely lost at the moment.

pete_s_h, Sep 27, 2024
  4. pete_s_h

Wonkey

I am guessing it Smart Voices connection
    Have a look here Home - Smart Voice
    I have no firsthand experience of their offering, but is basically a paid solution which may be of interest to you

Wonkey, Sep 28, 2024
  5. pete_s_h

pete_s_h

Yes thanks again .Delving into the Goole Home link it does appear to be Smart Voice. I have filled in an application for an account. When I get a reply I will update you on what may be involved ingoing down this route to integrate C-bus into the modern "smart control" universe

pete_s_h, Sep 28, 2024
  6. pete_s_h

Mr Mark

Have a look into openHAB, it's pretty straightforward and I've used it here at home for about a year - no problems.

Mr Mark, Oct 1, 2024 at 8:54 AM
  7. pete_s_h

pete_s_h

Thanks for the info. I'll have a look at OpenHAB to see if what is involved to get it to my Wiser 2 to work with it

pete_s_h, Oct 3, 2024 at 12:09 PM
Ask a Question