Formatted PC and lost All Files

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by dakusingh, Feb 22, 2011.

1. dakusingh

dakusingh

I've had to format my PC due to a crash and lost all my files related to CBUS.

I programmed this around 2 years ago and everything was fine! I decided to buy a Wiser Unit so i can reprogram it on my bed but not sure if the Wiser CNI unit would work like the USB CNI Unit i currently have.

How would i try to make this work as i lost all my original Project files?

ps. I've changed the wiser to option B, and all that works fine(i.e. can log into router and can also change IP of the CNI Unit)! but how do i connect so i can reprogram my cbus network?

dakusingh, Feb 22, 2011
  2. dakusingh

Newman

I assume by the term "USB CNI" you're referring to a USB PC Interface?

Both a stand-alone CNI (Ethernet) or a Wiser can be used as the programming interface for your C-Bus network. Assuming that the Wiser is working (i.e. the Wiser interface can control C-Bus), you configure the interface type for the network in Toolkit as a Wiser (rather than a COM port) and set the IP address of the Wiser in the appropriate field. Toolkit will then be able to scan your C-Bus network through the Wiser.

Note that whilst Toolkit is using the Wiser in this way, the regular Wiser functions stop operating. Once you disconnect from the Wiser from Toolkit the Wiser resumes normal operation.

Newman, Feb 22, 2011
  3. dakusingh

dakusingh

Great!

Thanks.

Found out my main issue. Windows 7!!! Wasnt compatable so used XP Instead and worked a charm! Cheers Guys

dakusingh, Feb 22, 2011
  4. dakusingh

oracle

I doubt it is windows 7.
    I have that running on a few PCs and it connects to cbus networks easily.
    ensure in your project options are set right
    do use the cni option in the details tab but use the wiser IP address

oracle, Feb 23, 2011
  5. dakusingh

ssaunders

Windows 7 firewall blocking something? Try temporarily disabling it.

Having said that, I use a Logitech Harmony remote that connects via a USB cable with a TCP/IP network driver. Even with firewall disabled, Windows 7 Enterprise refuses to let the Harmony software talk to the remote over TCP/IP. With Windows XP things are fine, so there may be a deeper config issue for you with Windows 7, like is hitting me with the remote.

If you work it out with Win7, let us know. Might just help with my remote, too!

ssaunders, Mar 12, 2011
Ask a Question