Help with configuring my network

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by countach, Jan 16, 2010.

1. countach

countach

I'm trying to run toolkit to look at my network, and I'm seeing wierd stuff that I haven't seen before.

If I scan the network, and then I try and then try and transfer to DB, on quite a few units I get an error "transfer of programming information failed". I've tried it quite a few times. What does it mean?

Also I keep seeing messages about "unravelling". I let it do its unravelling on two units. Then later on it now says it wants to unravel 3 units. So I let it do that, but one unit keeps saying "unravelling failed".

And then also a few units - not the same ones, in the "Exists in Database" column one says "Serial Number Only", another says "Unit Type Only - Serial Mismatch".

Also, clicking Edit Unit on any switch or infrared detector in the Network pane gives this error: "The unit you selected failed to load" Reason: Could not get programming parameters". But editing DIN rails works fine.

Trying to transfer programming from the database to the network gives the error: "Unit Transfer failed".

I'm using Toolkit 1.10.9. I'm able to turn lights on and off fine in Toolkit.

Is there something screwed up with my network? Functionally it seems ok, its just trying to look at it with the CNI unit and toolkit things don't seem to behave.

countach, Jan 16, 2010
  2. countach

Lucky555

Sounds like you have marginal comms. A message on the bus to turn a group on / off is very basic compared to the comms rate for unit programming.

Check all the basics. Bus voltage, burden etc, if not these then you may have a poor connection on the bus or a rogue units, however it is almost always the basics.

If you are not using a plug in burden give that a shot...

Lucky555, Jan 17, 2010
Ask a Question