hex codes on pac

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by justinw, Nov 14, 2005.

1. justinw

justinw

hello there.
    just trying to control a devireg 550 thermostat and not having much luck.
    using there own program (PC pro) and there network logger i have got some codes I.E 0x00040007 this code seems to toggle the thermostats on/off problem is get seem to get this code to work via pac. so i thought maybe this is a proper HEX code and not just a simple string. Is there a way that this code should be written i.e. with a $ or a # or something so that the devicom unit understands this code. Also do you need to "handshake" with the 3rd party device or can you just throw a correct code at it and it will work.
    handshake code seems to be 0x000B0000
    cheers justinw :confused:

justinw, Nov 14, 2005
  2. justinw

Darren Senior Member

If they are hex codes (rather than ASCII), you would write the string as a series of decimal characters. To write the string 0x00040007 out the serial port, you would use :
    WriteSerial(1, #00#04#00#07);

There is a problem though. At the moment, the PAC has a bug where it can't send character #0. The colour C-Touch will work fine though.

Darren, Nov 14, 2005
Ask a Question