Holiday Mode

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by dwoods, Jul 17, 2017.

1. dwoods

dwoods

Hi,

Just wondering if someone could kindly provide instructions on how to program a holiday mode for c-touch color touch screen.

I would like to be able to push a button on the screen and have random lights through out the house switch on randomly between a specific time.

Thank you! :)

dwoods, Jul 17, 2017
  2. dwoods

Ashley

Just create a bunch of scenes using the random time option on whichever lights you want, give them all the same Enable Control group and assign that group to a switch on the touch screen.

Ashley, Jul 17, 2017
  3. dwoods

dwoods

Thanks for the reply.

Forgive my ignorance but the control group can be assigned to each scene? How do I program the button? There is an option for a control group?

Thanks.

dwoods, Jul 17, 2017
  4. dwoods

Ashley

Sorry, I didn't explain that very well. You create the scenes you want then you trigger them via one or more schedules. The schedule allows you to trigger the scene at a random time between two limits. On the ENABLE tab for the schedule, for the first one create a new enable group and value. Then select the same one for each successive schedule. When you add a button to the touchscreen, select the CBUS tab and then select Enable Control as the application, followed by your group and value. The button will then enable the schedules.

Note that if the schedule time has passed when you enable it, the schedule will not be triggered, so you need to create a number of schedules at various times depending on when you leave.

Personally I just do it with logic as I find it much easier, but I've written a lot of logic.

Also, it's rather dubious whether random times add any level of security.

Ashley, Jul 17, 2017
Ask a Question